Why use Tom's Yard as opposed to a more National rental business?
There are four benefits to using Tom's Yard...
1. Location. If you are filming locally, you will save substantial transport fees as opposed to using a larger business based in/around London. Also, you are supporting an independent business in the local community... isn't that good!
2.) Quality. On one occasion a television programme was hiring plants from myself and a much larger business, well known for plant rentals. I was shocked at the quality of plants they sent... lifeless and full of weeds.
3) Cost. Having once worked on large production set, I have first-hand seen the ludicrous bills charged by rental companies. Rest assured; in the case of a broken pot, you will never be hit with a ludicrous fee worth more than the retail value of the item broken (hire charges excluded).
4) Flexibility. If you are shooting early or late, to ensure that your schedule isn't delayed, I can meet you or your a courier at the Yard 24 hours of the day.
All of the stock I hire is stock I sell and love. I take great pride in the plants and trees that I select and with this you are guaranteed beautiful specimens for your set. I wouldn't let something leave my Yard if I wasn't happy selling it to a client.
- The minimum length of time you will be charged for hire is one week's worth, be it for 1 day or 7. Every 8th day will count as a new week (it will not be broken down pro-rata).
- Standard fee's are 20% of the items retail value + VAT. Subsequent weeks are charged at a reduced rate.
- It is required that all payments are made by bank transfer.
- The hire term begins from the date the goods are collected.
- The hire term ends from the date the goods are returned to Tom's Yard.
- Payment is required in full, 24 hours before delivery / collection is planned.
- Along with a formal hire agreement, a ledger of the goods you require is sent over detailing any existing defects. This is essential as damages may lead to a loss in value once returned and re-marketed for sale. The 'value' is at the discretion of Tom's Yard.
- If goods are returned/collected in a condition that is not the same as listed in the ledger of the hire agreement, this may result in a penalty per item.
- The decision on whether the goods are returned/collected in a damaged condition is at the sole discretion of Tom's Yard.
- As we do not know how, or where, the hired goods are being used, please note that Tom's Yard cannot be held responsible for any damage, or injury incurred to any third party, any other person's, or company's property, or person, and that this is the sole responsibility of The Hirer once they have taken delivery of the hired goods.
- It is recommended that the goods are insured by The Hirer.
- You are encouraged to arrange your own collection of goods from my Yard. I can assist in arranging delivery however any delivery fee's charged through Tom's Yard will not be refunded upon return of goods.